Sunday, February 21, 2016

Red Exotic Flower

To win this painting click here.

I must admit, I have been having lots of fun painting flowers.  My favorite color is red and I really wanted to paint a red elegant flower.

I first started, as always with a light pencil sketch.



I then continued with the background on the left and eventually started painting the petals.  I felt like blocking in the bigger parts of the paintings would give "life" to the painting.



I then continued working from the outside in on the right side of the canvas.




Finally I began painting the inside of the flower.  Here it wasn't so important to me to follow the sketch.  I just painted where I thought would look better with each color.




Here is the completed painting.


To win this painting click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment