Thursday, February 18, 2016

Purple Flowers

You can go bid on this painting here.

Before I started this painting, I had been thinking about doing a small painting.  I'm used to painting on big canvases and thought this would be a new challenge.  This purple flower seemed to be the perfect subject for a small 5 in. x 7 in. canvas.  I must say I liked the challenge.  There is something intimate about painting so small.

I first began as I usually do, with a light pencil sketch.  Right away I started painting the main flower; the purple flower.



I then continued painting in the background.  Other than some smaller flowers, I just wanted splashes of color than went well with the purple, blue, and yellow from the main flower.



I liked the red/orange color against the purple of the flower and then green of the background.  I must admit I really got into the painting and did not take another photo until the painting was finished. 


Go bid on it on ebay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment